Enjoy the Ride ...

Wishing all a very happy Memorial Day with friends and family, with a BIG shout out to our servicemen for making this day possible!

So happy for a long weekend and time to get crafty in my room.  I created six cards during this holiday weekend!  Yes!  I really needed to get caught up with my submissions. 


The first ones up are of course the ones with the closest deadline, like Tuesday, 05/31/2011.

Repeat Impressions Sketch #M1811 is the first one up for your pleasure.

I flipped the sketch for my design, and pulled out two new Lawn Fawn sets ... Cruising Thru Life and Admit One. 

I stamped the bike on Neenah Classic Solar White cardstock, colored it with my copic markers, and fussy cut it out.  That was very challenging but worth the effort.  Next step was to choose the cardstock to layer my bike on.  I went with bright orange, a splattered orange, and the dotted paper.  Stamped the bike on the PP's, fussy cut the basket from the splattered orange, masked off the bike for the main design, and added the flowers in the basket and balloon strings.  Layered the bike and basket. 

Staying with the blueish theme of the bike, I stamped the balloons and flowers on various shades of blue scraps, fussy cut them out, stamped the sentiment, and attached them to the design.  Last step was to add the yellow rhinestones to the center of the flowers.

You can't tell in this photo but the seat, peddle, handlebar, basket, flowers, and balloons were all popped up with 3/16" mini glue dots or 1/4" mini pop dots.

I hope you enjoy my interpretation of the sketch, and that it provides you with inspiration to go forth and create.

Thank you for stopping by!

Product Spotlight ...
 - Stamps:  Lawn Fawn Cruising Thru Life & Admit One
 - Paper:  Neenah Classic Solar White, Bazzill, Basic Grey Basics Manilla Pad, Fancy Pants Beach Babe, and scraps
 - Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, and Copic Markers
 - Extra:  Recollections Rhinestones
 - Tools:  Fiskars Scissors & Fingertip Blade, Quicki Glue Pen, Tweezer, ATG, 3/16" Mini Glue Dots, and 1/4" Mini Pop Dots

Comments