Congrats!

The Play Date Cafe Challenge #PDCC81 challenged us to use a color combination I never would have thought of.  I really wasn't sure how they would work together, but it actually looks awesome.  I knew I would be paper piecing this design together so I'm also submitting this design for Repeat Impressions Designer's Choice Challenge #DCC511.


I pulled out my Fanciful Frames and Happily Ever After from Lawn Fawn for this challenge.  I inked up the small frame and stamped it three times, on the green, white and purple.  I fussy cut the white and purple frames, and layered them together.  I stamped the hook and stitched in some lilac twine for hanging the frame on.  I added the sentiment and glasses to the inside of the frame, then layered it on the green wall.  The glasses were colored with a metallic pen, and a rhinestone was as the nail. 

The design needed a little more so I added the design under the frame, and paper pieced the floral design in purple.

I finished the inside of the card for this one.

I hope my design provides some inspiration for you to go forth and create. 

Thanks for stopping by.

Product Spotlight ...
 - Stamps:  Lawn Fawn Fanciful Frames and Happily Ever After
 - Paper:  Bazzill, Fancy Pants Beach Babe, and Recollections
 - Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, and Gelly Roll Metallic Pen
 - Extras:  Lilac Twine from The Twinery, and Recollections Pearl
 - Tools:  Fiskars Scissors and Fingertip Blade, Needle, Quickie Glue Pen, ATG, and 3/16" Mini Glue Dots

Comments

Michele Gross said…
I love the fun and playful way you used the colors! Such a whimsical look! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!
Lynette said…
Very pretty, Ruza! Thanks for joining in the Repeat Impressions DCC challenge!
Andrea Ewen said…
Sweet, Ruza! Love that elegant frame and cute image! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!
Ruby said…
I have those Lawn Fawn sets and I wouldn't have thought to use such a dark colour for the frame, what a wonderful idea! It looks really great in such a dark colour, lovely card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!
Hi Ruza! Your fussy cut frames look great against that green background. ANd even the inside of your card is so sweet! THanks for playing with us at The pLay DAte Cafe!
Jaclyn Miller said…
Wow, that's some serious fussy cutting, but it turned out wonderfully. Great way to use your paper piecing skills. Thanks so much for always playing along at The Play Date Cafe.